1.08.2008

Grocery Store Alone

For those of you, mainly my two wonderful roomies from college, who have to go through months of single-parenting please disregard the whining.

I got to go to the grocery store today by myself! It was great! Kim was home this afternoon and Natalie wanted to stay with him. Who am I to stop that daddy-daughter time?

I hopped out of the car, all by myself, so much easier. Picked out one of the small carts to push instead of the cart/spaceship and started my stroll through the store.

I quickly decided that it is probably better that I usually have Natalie with me to keep me distracted. With my mind to myself it wanders way too much...

  • Oh, that watermelon looks really yummy, but will we eat it before we go out of town, probably not, it will just go bad, maybe next time, look, pineapple!!
  • That mom looks really tired!!
  • (While watching the obviously new mom with her baby and mother in tow struggling through the store saying sternly to her mother, "You need to keep moving!!" Baby cries! "Did we get enough? We can come back tomorrow!") She needs a hug, Honey, you will make it, I promise!
  • Why are there whoopie cushions in the grocery store?
  • Jeans and heels in the grocery store? Is that really necessary? You are just trying to make the rest of us look bad.
  • Ben and Jerry's is a lot easier to pass up when you are not pregnant!
  • If I wasn't still buying wipes for my almost 3 year old then I would use that money on Ben and Jerry's.

My mind is a scary place and that is just a sampling.

3 comments:

Dawn said...

How funny. Your random grocery store thoughts are a hoot!

christy said...

Just wait until baby number 2 comes along. You'll be asking for a trip alone to the grocery store as your birthday present.

Speaking of...I need to go to the grocery store today. Ugh.

Jenny said...

I was going to type the same thing Christy did. This is one of the things that has been the biggest pain in the rear while Wes has been gone. Just wait, my friend; just wait. Pretty soon, you'll have to use one of those humongous shopping carts with a whole separate seating area for your multiple children. You should just appreciate your one child grocery store trips now, girl!

When Wes gets home, I'm going shopping alone at night! I've already decided this; he has no say in the matter.