2.18.2008

Let's Go Racin'

I have a confession to make....I like NASCAR. It started out innocently. My brothers really got into it about five or so years ago and I would try to pay attention to it, see who won, so that I could have something to chat with them about. Well, I got more and more interested. Last year several friends and I had a fantasy NASCAR league and that sealed the deal. It's official. I like NASCAR.

The good news is when my mom asked me who my favorite driver was I couldn't answer the question so I guess I am not too far gone. My mom, dad and brothers went to the Daytona 500 yesterday and I was so jealous. Mom called and told me about some NASCAR onesies that she saw, I put the smack-down on that too.

I do still have some issues with the "sport", like isn't there a better use of our natural resources, exhaust fumes, etc. But, it is entertaining and still something that my brothers and I can bond over. John likes Jimmie. Dave likes Dale, Jr. (I find it strange that they both picked drivers that they sort-of look like....)

I feel better. I do need a driver...

Oh, and, way to go Deacs. Something else I never thought that I would say. Ratface looked pissed!! I love it!!

6 comments:

mama becca said...

Oh friend... you are so dear to mention the deacs. Yes, it was beautiful, wasn't it???
I have no clue about anything nascar, but I feel similar about country music. Like, how did I ever start liking this stuff? Oh well.
becca :)

Jeni said...

Indeed, GO Deacs!! WOO HOO!

And, I feel you about NASCAR. Who am I? How do I know so much about it? It's my durn husband's fault....

Dawn said...

Can't believe you're a closet NASCAR junkie! How funny. I guess you just outed yourself. You are a hoot, my Leigh G!

Wes said...

YES! "Ratface" is catching on... we have Nana to thank for that one!

And I applaud you for your confession.

But if you ever dress Paige in a Dale Jr. onsie, our friendship is over.

Wes said...

sorry... it's Jenny, not Wes.

mama becca said...

You are hilarious! Thanks for your comment and reminding me that my children do tend to come slowly... you made me laugh so hard (and cry remembering how long Leah took... Good God that was long...)
Hope you're well!
becca