3.19.2008

It's been so long...

I have been a blogging slacker for a while now. Where do I begin?

I didn't blog about the beautiful baby shower that my friend Sarah had for me, slack!

I didn't blog about the great weekend that Natalie and I spent with Lindsay and Daisy, slack!!

I didn't blog about the Heels winning the ACC regular season and tournament titles, slack!!!

So, today I am deciding to stop feeling guilty and to move forward.

38 weeks pregnant and waiting. I am trying to be patient but not doing a very good job. I am ready to meet this baby and hold her. I feel great, too good in fact. Every night when we go to bed I say to Kim, "wouldn't it be great if my water broke right now!" I know the chances of that happening are small but a girl can dream. Kim is anxious for me to go into labor so that he can get out of part of the bad rotation that he is on now. Really, we just want to have our baby here and know that she is ok. I can't wait! Bring on the pain!! I will get the drugs!

It looks like I, too, might experience what I am going to call the "T-6 Curse", living away from your spouse. It will not be to the extent that my dear roomies had to endure. Our townhouse had an offer put on it which would have us out on May 7th. We are not supposed to leave this area until June 23rd. The best two options right now are for us to find a furnished place to move into for about 6 weeks or for me to go live with my mom and dad and Kim to stay here. Kim is hopeful that we will find a place here. I have my doubts!! I just don't think we will find a place but we will see. We are looking and trying to get prepared. I am so ready to be in our house in NC and have a "normal" life for a little while, whatever that means.

What else, I don't know...I do need to post some pictures, another front I am feeling overwhelmed on.

I told myself that I wasn't going to watch AI this year, but I am. What can I say? I have to find something to watch while waiting for SYTYCD and it will not be Dancing with the Stars.

OK, that's enough.

3 comments:

mama becca said...

You're already 38 weeks? Amazing! Any day now! Remember, my water broke...
Keeping you in my prayers as you prepare for baby #2!
love
becca

brightleigh said...

I have so many friends having babies right now! I have a friend who is being induced tomorrow. We missed you guys at the twins' party! All we needed was for Natalie to be there--you should've seen Seth tearing through the house with the twins' baby doll stroller. Take care and good luck when the time comes. We are thinking of you! Sorry to hear about your housing situation--I will be glad when you are in NC too!

Jenny said...

I thought about you the whole time we were gone... "Wonder if Leigh is contracting?!" Glad you are feeling good; maybe your water will break tonight!

I also can't believe I'm watching AI. It's so played out. Really. There's nothing else on except Lost (which is totally awesome!). Dancing With the Stars sucks.