3.24.2008

My mom's encouraging comment of the day

Yesterday

Me: I have only gained about 17 pounds with this pregnancy so far.
Mom: That's not very much...
Me: I know, but I was overweight when I got pregnant.
Mom: How much did you weigh?
Me: 141 pounds.
Mom: 141 pounds! That's what I weighed when I had you!
Me: Thanks, mom!

Today

Me: I was reading today that if Natalie and the baby are both crying I should take care of Natalie first because she will know what is going on and the baby won't remember.
Mom: I remember one time when I was in the grocery store and you all 3 started screaming. It was a nightmare.
Me: Nice!

Stay tuned...I am sure there is more encouragement to come!

2 comments:

Jenny said...

My mom often offers the encouraging words, "Put on you big girl panties and deal with it," to me. They are just so sensitive, aren't they?

Dawn said...

My mom is equally as eloquent with "words of encouragement" at times. I guess it's just a mom-thing.

Do you think we'll say the same things to our kids when they grow up?