4.03.2008

First day "alone"



So, this was my first morning at home with the girls by myself and it went really well, thankfully. Natalie has taken to this new child in her life so well. I am so thankful and amazed. She loves Paige, you can tell. But she is also very willing to give her the space that she needs. She wants to be near her and help out but is still very content to do her own thing. I am wondering when reality will set in for her and she will be ready to send Paige back.

Paige is a really great baby. Personally, I haven't met a baby that isn't great but even by sleeping/needy standards she is great! I feel bad because I am sure that she has spent more time in a bouncy seat/cradle in her first week of life than Natalie spent in the first month of hers but she seems to be handling it all well.

The drama of the morning was that while I was nursing Paige, Natalie took a head-dive off the chair onto the hardwood floors. She landed right on the top of her head, ouch!! Lots of screaming!! Great, my first day by myself and already a child has a concussion. Way to go! If I am being complete honest, I was laughing inside, just a little. Here we go...

2 comments:

Dawn said...

Both your girls look adorable! Glad to hear the first day alone wasn't too bad overall. You are a great mommy, so just take it one day at a time and I know will all work out according to God's plan.

My love to you, Leigh G.

Jenny said...

Joel never ended up wanting to send Sam back, so maybe Natalie will follow suit.

Both girls look beautiful!