4.09.2008

Poster-Mom for Breastfeeding

This is the title that Paige's doctor gave me today at her two week check-up. Little did he know or maybe he did, that he gave me one of the best compliments.

He was amazed that she weighs 8lbs and 8oz already and that it all came from me. You see, breastfed babies are only supposed to be back to birth weight by two weeks. For Paige that would be 7lbs 6oz. We are overachievers! He said to me, you must be feeding her all the time!! Nope, just every three hours and sometimes she will go longer. He was even more amazed. I told him that I did the same thing with my first child. My conclusion....I make buttermilk!!

4 comments:

Dawn said...

Go, Leigh G., go!

Unknown said...

You didn't even mention that it's your big 3-0 today!!! Happy Birthday and welcome to the world of the 30 somethings!!

Saintly Nurse said...

That's what we call it at work when mom leaves colostrum that actually keeps babe satisfied for 3hours. Happy Birthday & you go girl!

Kristen said...

You are my hero, Leigh!!! Good thing you will be closer by next time I attempt nursing- who to learn from better aside from the poster mom for breastfeeding! What a compliment, but I am NOT surprised. :)