5.05.2008

Clarification and sweet picture

So, I am realizing after reading the comments from my supportive and loving friends that my last post made me sound a little too pitiful! I am actually doing well, I think, with the Mommie of two thing. I had several other obligations last week that were keeping me busy but they are done now! I had my last MOPS meeting as the Hospitality coordinator and helped to hostess a baby shower for my dear friend, Sarah. Done!! Now, I can concentrate more on my girls, Natalie's behavior could use some concentrating these past couple of days, getting ready to move and my job.

I am doing well, really, but am also starting to understand that lots of changes in our life is meaning lots of added stress. They are all good changes, the addition of a baby, buying our house, getting out of this townhouse which is feeling smaller by the day, Kim finishing training, Kim starting a new job. We are super-excited about all of these things but they are wearing on us. Deep breath. We will make it.

Here's to more blog entries in the next few weeks, getting some pictures organized and ordered, and throwing some crap out so that is doesn't get moved to the new house. I am giving up on Paige's cross-stitch for the next few months, my new goal will be to complete it by, what should we say, Christmas.

Here is a picture of Paige that I should have taken a week and a half ago when she was 4 weeks old, not 51/2 weeks old. Dang, time FLIES with the second child!! (I am beginning to understand some of the second-child complexes that my brother has...)



5 comments:

Dawn said...

Glad to hear you are doing well. I know first hand the feeling of multiple life changes at once. I currently living it, in fact. Anyway, hang in there, rely on God, know that I'm praying for you, and ultimately you will survive.

P.S. Love the photo of Paige.

Kristen said...

What a beautiful girl, Leigh. You are going to fly through this time with such grace as you always do- just hang on to God's promises to never leave you my friend. Love you.

Jenny said...

Glad you are doing well. You guys will get through all of the changes; I have no doubt.

Love the picture of Paige. I wish I was there to nuzzle her!

mama becca said...

Even if you weren't doing well, that would be okay, too :).
But glad you're hangin in there! I think going from zero to one kid is harder... rocks your entire world, you know? For me, any kids after that are a bit easier, b/c I'm already set up for them. Anyway, will you be in w-s soon? hope so!!!
becca

brightleigh said...

Leigh, you clarify my fear of having two kids, if and when we do! Happy Mothers Day!