6.19.2008

I should be...

  • Taking a shower
  • Going through closets
  • Calling the utility companies
  • Working
  • Cleaning out the fridge
  • Reading a parenting book (Natalie's behavior has been terrible the past few day, TERRIBLE!!)

But I am here blogging. Why? Because it is relaxing me and bringing a little bit of peace to my day.

I am really sad today, really sad. The tears have fallen, lots of them. I know that we will make it through this transition. I am really excited about being back home. But today I am stuck thinking about how much I am going to miss my friend, Sarah.

We have lived life together since I have been here. We see each other nearly everyday. We talk everyday. She is my friend I can talk about anything with, the minor things in life and the major. I know that I have dear friends waiting for me in Winston and that is the only thing getting me through. I can't put into words how much I am going to miss her. She has blessed my life so much.

I am sad for Natalie. I have a feeling her sadness is the root of her TERRIBLE behavior. She and Madeline are best buddies and I know that she will miss her.

Change is hard, not to mention stressful. Stress makes me overly emotional which is not a good combo. Wow, it could be a long week.

3 comments:

mama becca said...

OOOHH. I know. Change is what causes us to grow the most... but it's painful. I remember moving when I was Natalie's age... really, I have this memory of leaving my house and my friends, and acting really bad for my parents. It's the only way she knows how to protest. Give her lots of hugs, and maybe some treats :).
praying...
becca

Kristen said...

I will be praying for sweet Natalie. Transition is so hard and don't we all feel like behaving badly when we get frustrated about change- we just don't have the excuse of being three (and very cute might I add).

Dawn said...

Oh, Leigh G. Change is unbelievably hard, even when it's a predominantly good change. It probably doesn't make you feel any better, but I know exactly how you feel. It will get better. Natalie will return to her normal sweetness once things settle down after the move. She's had a lot going on in her life. Moving. Leaving all that she knows behind. A new sister. Hang in there. Let the tears fall if they need to. Pray. Let the weight of the world fall on God's shoulders and rely on Him and His strength to get you through this time. My thoughts and prayers and love are with you.