8.30.2008

Good news abounds

First of all and what this post is all about....we got the results of Paige's MRI and it was normal!!! "Normal appearing brain for age" to be exact. We are so thankful! We see the eye doctor again in 4 weeks and will see what he says. Overall, I am very encouraged. Paige is doing things all the time that make me believe that she can see well right now. She has a GREAT social smile. She watches you walk around the room, she reaches for toys, she reaches for my hand when I am feeding her. All of these have to be good signs. When she tries to focus on objects that are far away her eyes jerk a lot more than if she tries to look at something close. She doesn't seem to have much of a "head tilt", she doesn't hold her head a certain way to make her vision clearer (this would be one of the big things that would make her need surgery). So, we will just keep watching, waiting and praying. Thanks for all the encouragement!

Now some silly things that I am thankful for....

Today is the first official weekend of college football! Love it!! Perhaps the Heels will have a better year, we will see. I just love the football time of year.

Natalie has gone 4 days without pooping in her pants! Now that I have posted, I am sure we will have an accident today. She even went at her "open house" for school on Thursday night. I thought this child would NEVER be potty trained, we will see.

Because Natalie's school is peanut/treenut free there can be no homemade baked goods brought in! Woohoo!! I know you think I am silly but think of the pressure this relieves...no pressure for the perfect, homemade brownies on her birthday or for the million parties throughout the year. Can you hear the sigh of relief? If you bring in fruit/veggies they cut it up for you in the peanut-free kitchen. This is awesome!!

Kim and I went on a date last night. A yummy, yummy dinner. Time shopping for stuff for the house. Time for just us. It was great!

6 comments:

Jeanne said...

PTL!!! Time to be able to focus on more important things: Like dairy free desserts!

Jane said...

So glad to hear the good news about Paige. Brent called and said Kim had called him. I am sure it was hard going through that. You all are in my thoughts, and I pray for you every night.

Kristen said...

Praise God. We are praying and so thankful to hear this news. God is certainly in control, keep your eyes focused on him. I miss and love you...and am thankful you don't have the pressure of homemade goodies!! I'll have to check out Landon's preschools and make sure I can get in on that perk!

Dawn said...

Definitely Praise God! I'm so glad to hear that things are looking up for you and your family. I've been thinking about you a lot. Thanks for sharing your good news.

Jenny said...

Oh, Leigh... I am so relieved. I'm so thankful for your good news.

mama becca said...

Hooray!
What great news :).
Thanks for sharing... we're praising with you!