8.14.2008

More thoughts

Thanks to all of you for your kind thoughts, prayers and words of encouragement. We are doing ok.

This all feels so weird. We have this life altering news about our daughter and nothing to do about it. I did do some retail therapy on Amazon buying a fun play mirror and some black and white books, I figure visual stimulation can't hurt.

I just told my mom, I spend about 25% of my day freaking out about the MRI, 25% of my day wondering what in the world the future holds for Paige's sight and 50% of the day ok. My head is still trying to get a grip on what is happening.

I know that God is in control, has a plan and is not surprised by any of this. I am able to find mental rest when I trust Him.

In other news, Natalie is 3 going on 30. When she plays dress-up these days she does not pretend to be a princess, she pretends to be Stephanie, my cousin. You see Stephanie got married in June, Natalie went to the wedding and thought it was to greatest thing ever. So, she is Stephanie (complete with the bride outfit) dancing at her wedding, very cute.

I just got Paige's 4 month pictures back. I hung it on the wall next to Natalie's 4 month picture and it is freakish how much they look alike, freakish!!

Willy Wonka candy was on sale, BOGO at the Food Kitty this week. So, of course I indulged. Why are there banana runts?? Why??

4 comments:

Renee Hoggard said...

Hey, this is Renee (Kim's cousin from Windsor, NC). I would really love to talk to you guys. Our son Joshua had the same diagnosis. We had several different doctors. When he was in the second grade they told me he needed to be in blind school. We took him to Edward Buckley at Duke Eye Center. Joshua now can see 20/30 and only wears one contact. Please call me or email me. Kim's mom(Aunt Peggy)has our number. Please stay positive. We did and Josh is working toward going into the Military as I write:)

Dawn said...

Leigh, just keep hanging in there my friend. I will keep my prayers going strong for you. Stay positive...God is with you.

one effective mommy said...

For as much as you already know this, I will still say it: You are in my prayers. I miss you very much Leigh and am sending a mommy hug your way as you read this. Stay strong, as God does have a plan.

Now, about those banana runts...just slip them in a zipper baggy and send them to me priority mail...

annie said...

just caugut up on some of my favorite blogs and read about your sweet paige. i'm not sure if you know this, but at 4 mos gabe was diagnosed w/ strabismus (not sure how the two diagnosis are different, the muscles in g's eyes were too tight and pulled his eyes inward. now they still wander - makes for great pictures! - and we'll probably need a third surgery this fall) who is your ped.opthamologis? dr. young in gsbo did gabe's first surgery and was incredible to work w/. I know how overwhelming all this can be - i'll be praying for you guys and especially for paige's eyes!