11.30.2007

Little Red???

Yesterday I innocently bought Natalie the book "Little Red Riding Hood." I hadn't read the book in a long time but remembered it from my childhood. I certainly did not remember that the wolf ATE grandma and poor Little Red. I also did not remember that the woodsman KILLED the wolf and took grandma and Little Red out of his stomach. Oh my goodness!! Wow!! Of course Natalie loved the book and wanted to read it again and again.

So, if you haven't read Little Red to your children yet, DON'T!!

5 comments:

Jeni said...

See, this is one of those stories that reminds me that my life is not the same as other people's....my world revolves around stories like that. Next time you wonder about a book, ask your friendly neighborhood kindergarten teacher :) By the way, in Hansel and Gretel, they totally push the old witch into the stove....

Miles said...

According to my Russian Fairytale class at Carolina, you would be missing an important opportunity to teach important life lessons if you did not tell Natalie that story.

Do you know that in the original Cinderella, the step-sisters cut off their toes and the heels to fit in the shoe?

Brooklynne Travis said...

and in the Little Mermaid, she turned in to sea foam instead of getting the prince?

Dawn said...

Who knew Little Red Riding Hood could be so disturbing?!

Saintly Nurse said...

Wow, thanks for the heads-up. Fortunately, Daniel is more of a trucks and trains and creepy-crawly things kind of guy. :) Also, I feel your pain on the rear-ending someone else thing. I did it about 6 months ago. What a pain. Glad you guys are ok.