11.27.2007

Some updates

It has been a while...
We had a great Thanksgiving! We spent the long weekend in Windsor with Kim's family. On Thursday we all went outside to play in the front yard, so wholesome I thought I was on "Leave It To Beaver." We ate so much yummy Mama Askew cooking I found myself feeling sick. Kim got to play on the family farm with his brother and dad. Natalie and I got good time with Kim's mom, Caitlyn, Carson and Aunt Lesley. A classic family Thanksgiving!!

When we got home on Sunday, after Natalie brushed her teeth she sweetly asked me "Mommie, where is Gigi (her name for my Grammie)?" She asked me out of the blue. I was floored. I instantly teared up. I looked at her and replied, with my chin quivering "Gigi is with Jesus." I was prepared for a longer discussion but her next question was "Where are Chief and Fran (my other grandparents)?" "Chief and Fran are in Florida." Simple answers and that was the end of it. She did ask me to make "that funny face again" (my trying hard not to cry and talk at the same time face) and gave me a big kiss. Sweet girl.

We are all doing well, after a long day. I was on the way to take Natalie to the doctor and got in a little fender-bender. I rear-ended someone. I was stopped at a stoplight, Natalie asked me a question, I got distracted and took my foot off the brake. Not so smart. I freaked out. I was such a girl!! I actually forgot that I was pregnant for the first three minutes after the bump and then freaked out. Natalie was fine, I felt fine but what about my poor baby inside, yikes. I went to the hospital. They monitored the baby, everything looked fine so I went home. Natalie was a champ and thankfully Sarah was able to watch her while Kim took me to the hospital. Not a fun day! But praise God we are all ok.

I those are all the major updates/reports that need to be made. I need to blog more often so that I don't get so behind and feel so overwhelmed!

4 comments:

Dawn said...

Oh, Leigh. I'm so sorry that you got into a little fender bender. I know you must have been stressed, worrying about that precious little baby growing in your belly. Thank God you, the baby, and Natalie are all doing fine. Please take care of yourself and rub that belly for me.

mama becca said...

Hey girl...
I'm so so so sorry that you had a fender-bender. Even the most minor accidents can be scary! Don't feel bad about your emotions surrounding that- it's totally normal and all of us would've reacted the same way. I'm so glad that you and your sweet babies (in and out of the womb) are okay!
take care-
becca

Jenny said...

Well, you KNOW I would have been freaking out full force! Glad you're okay, friend. I miss you!!!!!!!!!!

christy said...

Oh, Leigh. I am so glad that you, Natalie and the baby are okay. How very stressful and scary.