11.06.2007

Where have I been?

I have been meaning to sit down and blog since we got home on Friday, but it hasn't happened...I have thought several times, that random thought should be on the blog but I haven't gotten around to it.

We had a great trip. Johnson City was wonderful. Better than we imagined that it would be. We thought that we would go there and find reasons not to live there. Well, that didn't happen. We loved it. It was so peaceful and beautiful there. All of the people that we met were so warm and welcoming. The men that Kim would be working with seemed like great men. We left feeling confused and overwhelmed and like we could see ourselves living there.

Our next stop was Winston, home in so many ways. The only place we lived as a married couple. Where many of our dearest friends are. Where much of my heart still is. We were welcomed back with open arms. Had a great time trick-or-treating with friends. We had some great conversations about what our future would hold with people who genuinely care about us. Kim was reunited with his old co-workers and had a great time with them.

We hope to make a decision in the next week or so as to what we will do. It is a very exciting time. We are blessed to be given these opportunities. Kim has worked really hard to be able to have choices and we are thankful.

So, here are my random thoughts:
  • To travel with a child, you have to be flexible, or everyone will be miserable.
  • Do you remember when daylight savings time meant an extra hour of sleep, not worry about adjusting sleep schedules?
  • My girl is growing up way to fast!
  • A friend in Winston called me "a vision on loveliness" and meant it, she sees a me I don't see all the time. I miss her.
  • Our family is blessed to have dear, dear friends.
  • In reality, Natalie went trick-or-treating for me. I have eaten way more of her candy than she has.
  • I am glad that I have finally caught up on my work and have the time to blog.

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Welcome back!

Let me know what the final decision is. I'd like to know where I'll be moving in 3 years. Ha!

Dawn said...

Missed you Leigh. Glad to have you back in the blogging world. I'm so happy for you and Kim and am super excited about the possibilities that lie ahead for you. You are indeed blessed. Can't wait to hear where you end up. My love to you and your family.

Jeni said...

Good to have you back! I miss you when you are not blogging! So, clear something up for me: did we occasionally play Johnson City in high school or Johnson County? Initially I thought it was Johnson City, but upon further research, I think maybe that's wrong. In any case, if it was Johnson City, I have to say, if you choose to live there, stay away from the high school gym...crazy girls play basketball there. I have some lingering weird feelings about the place....something about a crazy girl with lots of curly hair. Of course, it could be that she is the girl that Lee Anne Shepard bit in the ear...Oh well. Just don't go to the gym :) Good luck!! Just be sure to pick somewhere close enough for dinner club, k?