8.13.2007

I'm Back

Kim, Natalie and I just got back from a week in Corolla, NC. We had a great time. We left last Saturday morning and spent the weekend in Windsor to celebrate Mama Askew's birthday and Kim's 30th birthday. On Monday we journeyed to the beach. We stayed at our friend's parents beach home "Crescent Moon". The house sleeps 22 but we only packed in 14. We were with Chris, Sarah, Madeline (Natalie's BFF), Chris's mom and dad (owners of the house), Sarah's mom and dad (who left too early), Chris's sister and brother-in-law and two friends from college. Aside from the occasional turf wars between the two-year-olds we had a great time. Beach vacations are definitely different with children!

I still haven't figured out how to take good pictures to capture the moment, I am hoping that Sarah got some good shots. I had dreams of taking Natalie out on the beach in a cute little dress to take some pics, it didn't happened. Trying to align the weather, with a two-year-old's naps/moods, with everything else we wanted to do was too much.

We did have some lovely kite flying weather. That held Natalie's attention for about two minutes and then she wanted to dig in the sand together. Until I had Natalie, I hated the sand. Now I tolerate it because it bring her so much joy and find myself enjoying it.

We had a great week together, growing our friendship, mostly at Chris's expense. That is what happens when you invite friends to invade your family vacation. I treasure my time with the Reames. I am still trying to convince them that NC is way better than NOVA!

3 comments:

Jenny said...

I think the picture of you and Natalie flying the kite captures the moment perfectly! I love it!

Glad you're home!

Jeni said...

So glad you're back! Missed seeing what you were up to! And, NC is TOTALLY cooler than NoVa. Bring 'em on down!

Dawn said...

Sorry I didn't get in some beach time with you and Natalie. I feel like such a failure of a friend. Hope you can forgive me.

Glad you had a good time with the Reams!

P.S. I went back to the Barefoot Quilter and picked up the Christmas tree pattern. Did you see it when you were perusing the store?