8.02.2007

Pretending

Today I pretended that I had another life.

Natalie was in "school" for the morning. I was supposed to meet someone at Starbucks at 10:00 to talk about our work with the International Breast Milk Project. Traffic was lite so I arrived early. I ordered a caramel machiato and sat down to log onto the web. I sat in a coffee shop for well over two hours, talked about ways to make a difference in the lives of AIDS orphans in Africa, used my computer with ease, did a little bit of actual work and took in the sites around me. It was blissful!

Then, I pinched myself and headed to the child care center in get my girl. My sweaty, tired, sunscreened, sandy, dirty, delighted, wonderful girl.

2 comments:

Dawn said...

Sounds like split personality bliss! Sometimes it's hard to be a normal person and a mother but I think you're doing a great job!

Jeni said...

I miss you Leigh! Come back and blog for me!