5.11.2007

Bedtime...


I can honestly say that bedtime is one of the few things that is just as a dreamed it would be before I had children. Many of my illusions have fallen by the wayside but thankfully bedtime has not. I love it! A very sweet 15 minutes or so that I get to spend with my child every day. It goes a little something like this...three stories, saying prayers and a couple of songs. Then she climbs out of my lap and happily walks to bed. Every time my dad is here, he is amazed, "you mean you just put her in bed awake and she stays there until she falls asleep." Yup, amazing as it is, that is how it works. One of the few things that I feel like Kim and I have really gotten right as parents. I can't tell you how we got there. We didn't follow any specific book, just listened to the advice of our friends and tried to figure out what worked for Natalie.

Before I get too cheesy and poetic, I also really like bedtime because it means ME-time!

And a small disclaimer, yes, she still has a passie...what can I say, we are not that good.

1 comment:

Dawn said...

Bedtime is a beautiful thing. I think Bella gives me some of the sweetest looks of love when we are cuddling right before bed. It's a heaven-sent moment.

P.S. Don't tell, but Bella still has her paci, too!