5.23.2007

Interesting People

I have met some very interesting people in my short year here in Northern Virgina. (I always refer to this place as Northern Virginia because it is very different from the rest of Virginia, it should really be it's own state, but I digress) Anyway, one of the most recent people that I met has invited me to get involved in the International BreastMilk Project with her. She wants to start a chapter here in Virginia and wants me to be her assistant. I know this sounds way out there to a lot of you but what the IBMP is is a way for women in the US to donate their breastmilk to AIDS orphans in Africa. Cool, huh! This same person has also invited me to a fund raiser for Obama. The fund raiser sounds really fun, a concert for families. I don't know if I will go or not, Kim would die, but it is fun to be in contact with people who are interested in impacting and changing our world. I don't know what the point of this post is, but there it is...

2 comments:

Dawn said...

The IBMP sounds cool! You'll have to let me know how it goes. And if you go to the Obama fund raiser, Christy will be soooooo jealous!

Jenny said...

You are a freak... on both counts. I can say this cause you know I love ya!