5.13.2007

Family, extended

Everyday I think that I am not going to write a blog because I keep thinking I will run out of things to say. I was determined not to write a cheesy Mother's Day blog but here it comes, sort of.

Kim had to work this afternoon, of course. I had known this for a long time and was prepared to spend the afternoon and evening just hanging out with Natalie. But yesterday my plans changed when Chris's parents invited us to their house to celebrate with them. What a blessing to Natalie and I! We got to spend a fun evening with Sarah, Chris and Madeline and lots of their family. Chris's immediate family was the common tie that held all 14 of us together. Natalie and I were the only people in attendance who were not legally related to each other but the mix of people was great: moms, dads, brothers, sisters, husbands, wives, grandmothers, mother-in-laws, father-in-laws.

This is not the first time that Sarah and Chris's family has opened their arms to us. We spent Easter with Sarah's parents. We will also be spending a week at the beach with both families this summer. Being further away from home than our family has been before it has been such a blessing to be welcomed by the Reames-Angerman family. I think that one of the best ways that you can see love in a family is to see that love extended to others. I hope that I will remember how much this welcome has meant to me and extend it to others. I want to establish a home filled with God's love and laughter. Thanks to these families for a wonderful example!

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Sounds like you have some wonderful friends! Sarah and Chris, thank you for taking care of my Leigh!