9.07.2007

My Sweet Husband

Last night I had a meeting so I left right after dinner. Kim was on duty to give Natalie a bath and put her to bed. Lately Natalie wants to hear "Sleep My Babies" every night. Kim doesn't (didn't) know the words to the song yet.

He quickly mentioned it as I was walking out the door and I said "Don't worry, the words are on the blog and Natalie knows them." I didn't give it another thought until I was cleaning our bedroom this morning and saw the words to the song, printed from the blog, laying on the floor.

Kim doesn't do anything half-way, we all know that. He loves our daughter! He would do anything to her and wants to make everything just right.

If it would have been me and I didn't know the words to the song Natalie wanted, I would have just told her to pick another song. Kim makes me want to be a better parent.

I know this probably sounds simple to a lot of people but it was the sweetest surprise for me this morning. A love note that he left for me and he didn't even know it.

Kim, you are an amazing Dad (Daddy-Bear)! I love you!

3 comments:

christy said...

Very, very sweet. Love notes come in such different and unexpected forms these days.

Dawn said...

Very sweet. Kim is a keeper!

Jenny said...

Awww... that Kim. What a precious thing to do!

This is my favorite post ever!!!