10.24.2007

Baby/Belly Up-date

It guess this is a good thing, but time seems to be flying. I can't believe that I am already 17 weeks pregnant. I had a doctor's appointment today, which, at this stage is pretty uneventful. Pee in a cup, get your blood pressure checked (mine is a little high again but I am telling you that I have major anxiety at the doctor's office. if they would take my blood pressure after I got the hear the baby's heartbeat, it would be much better), step on the scale, measure your belly and then the moment you have been waiting for. You get to hear 30 seconds of reassure that everything is OK. You get to hear the heartbeat of your baby. Amazing!! Since I am feeling no sure baby movements yet I am living to hear the heartbeat of reassurance. I am ready for this kiddo to be kicking me and let me know he/she is in there!

We have an ultrasound scheduled for the 12th of November. If the kiddo is cooperating, we will find out if it is a boy or a girl that day!! Crazy, in 2 1/2 weeks we will know the gender of our baby. Then we will know if the name will be @#$%@ or $%^&#$. Yes, I think we already have names picked out. A little premature, I know.

2 comments:

Dawn said...

Oh how I remember those days. Glad to hear all is well. I love getting the baby-belly updates. I'll be waiting no so patiently for the Nov. 12th blog posting. Miss you.

christy said...

During my pregnancies I always lived for those 30 seconds of pounding reassurance. Glad to hear you and kiddo are doing okay.