10.04.2007

There is was

I woke-up this morning, rolled over and there it was. My uterus protruding from my belly like a softball. I said "Hey, Kim, come look!" We both rubbed on the belly. Talked to the baby. I savored the moment. Then, I got up, went to the bathroom and my uterus returned to where it should be. Distinct visual evidence of the baby, gone for now.

I remember this happening with Natalie too. Although with Natalie I was more than 14 weeks. I was also growing a 10-12 cm cyst on my ovary with Natalie. I think I was often rubbing on a cyst, not my baby with Natalie but they tell me I have no huge cysts this time.

I love these moments. Evidence that our baby is growing! Kim catches me rubbing on my belly a lot and says "Leigh, stop, what are you doing? You love being pregnant, don't you?" Yes, I do! I love it! If I didn't have to be responsible for the kiddos after they left my body I would stay pregnant.

7 comments:

Jenny said...

Oh, girl... I'm glad it's you and not me!

Saintly Nurse said...

Sweet!!! And you know, only people who work in the field can use the word 'uterus' in a sentence without batting an eyelash! :) What a sweet post.

askewheels said...

Beth, you are so right! There are several other words that we can use like that, that no one else can!

Jeni said...

I gotta tell you....uteruses that pop in and out...freaking me out. Why was it popping out? Wait. Don't tell me. I don't want to know....

Dawn said...

Sounds so magical. I love that you love being pregnant. You're certainly giving me the urge!

Saintly Nurse said...

Jeni - it was only popping out cause she had to pee. Nothing freaky! :)

Jeni said...

Thank goodness! Internal organs ought not 'pop' out randomly....who knew a full bladder could take up that much space???