6.03.2007

Day off!

The boy needs a day off! Tonight Kim is working his 14th day in a row. I am not exaggerating. He has been at the hospital for at least 8 hours a day for the past 14. Often, he has been there for longer than 8 hours. For the love!

It is wearing on him and it is wearing on our family. He needs time to rest, he needs time with his daughter! Natalie needs time with her Dad! I need time with my husband! I am so thankful that my mom was here for part of the time or I would be in the loonie bin!

I know this sounds a little whiny of me considering that one of my dearest friends is without her husband for 15 months while he is serving our country. I have thought about her so much over the past two weeks. I seriously don't know how she or any other military wife does what we ask them to do. I was definitely not meant to be a single mom nor do I believe anyone is. Raising children and a family is a two person job!

Kim, thank you for all of your hard work for your patients and our family! Enjoy your well-earned three days off!

Enjoying a day off last November!

2 comments:

Mom and Dad said...

Do you remember where you and Kim were seven years ago today? Glad you had a day off, enjoy every minute! Love, Mama T

Jenny said...

Girl, I feel your pain. I'm so glad Kim has gotten a day off to rest and hang out with his girls! I too have a new found respect for single parents!