6.01.2007

Sad to see her go...

After spending a week with us that was entirely too short, mom headed back to North Carolina today. I am going to miss her! We had so much fun walking to get coffee in the morning, playing together, watching "So You Think You Can Dance", and just being us.

I am not going to lie, part of the joy in my mom being here is that she helps me with Natalie. It is so nice to have someone else here who delights in playing with my little girl. When my mom is here I am definitely second in Natalie's world. She loves her Mimi! She prefers for Mimi to give her a bath and put her to bed. Who am I to deny my mom and Natalie that time together? She prefers for Mimi to play with her and Mommie to clean-up. Again, who am I? She prefers for Mimi to push her stroller. I get so much more mental and physical space to myself when my mom is here, I love it!

When my mom is here I also get to spend nearly 24 hours a day with one of my dearest friends. We are already planning her next trip up and I can't wait! The only thing that could make it better is if Dad comes too!

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Aren't our moms the best!

Dawn said...

I'm so glad that you got some rest and reprieve while your mom was in town. You deserve it.