7.29.2007

Big Bird's Lullaby

My mom used to sing this song to us when we were little and now she sings it to Natalie. Natalie has been requesting it lately but I didn't know the words until today, so here we go...

Sleep my baby
Softly rest
Like a nestling
In a nest
Though you are too small to fly
You'll be a big bird, by and by
Though your song is still a peep
Soft your feathers
Small your beak
Tuck your head beneath your wing
Hear the guardian angels sing
Cheep, cheep, cheep, cheep
Sleep my baby
Go to sleep.

1 comment:

Arif Mamdani said...

Wow - I just remembered this song myself this morning but couldn't quite remember the words - thank you! I used to listen to this record as a child while falling asleep and my parents still remember pretty much all the songs.

I don't suppose you have a recording of the record? I had a copy of the record once upon a time but fear its been lost in too many moves....