7.22.2007

Observations from the pool

Yesterday afternoon, after nap, Natalie and I headed to the pool. Three quick observations from that outing...

  1. I have arrived at a stage of motherhood that I dreamed about last summer, I kept my butt planted in a chair at the side of the pool for ten solid minutes. It was as heavenly as I thought it would be.
  2. Some people need to discipline their children more at the pool or not be surprised if I do it for them, especially the five year-old girl who repeated took Natalie's bucket out of her hand. I still don't know where this child's mother was the whole time this exchange happened so she might not be upset if I disciplined her child.
  3. I must have a sign on my head that says either "I'm friendly, come tell me your troubles" or "I'm lonely, tell me your life story" or their are more people out there who need friends. After a random conversation (mostly one-sided) I know that this complete stranger: just moved to the area from NJ because her husband's job (as a white-collar mail fraud investigator [who knew there was such a thing]), has rheumatoid arthritis which causes her great pain while she climbs all the steps in her town house that she bought for 500K, is trying to conceive a child this month so that she can get back on her medication for the RA. I could also tell you the details of the life of the woman who gave me her life story at the park two days ago. Don't get me wrong, I love talking to people and the thought that I am friendly but does anyone talk about the weather anymore?

1 comment:

Dawn said...

You definitely put out the warm and inviting friendly vibe, Leigh. It's one of the things I love most about you!