7.05.2007

Vacation Recap

After over a week of being on the road and away from home, we are back safe and sound. Here is a brief recap...


First we drove to Emerald Isle to chill on the beach and spend time with our dear friends. We shared lots of good food, drink, conversation, and time catching up. I don't think there are 11 other people in this world that I could share a three bedroom condo with! Our children had a great time playing together and so did we. The sad news is that I didn't take any pictures. I was so busy enjoying the time and chasing a toddler on the beach that I didn't get around to it... A bonus of the trip was that Kim's brother and his family were at the beach at the same time we were. It was great to see them too. We enjoyed a round of putt-putt and Kim got some time fishing with his brother. Good times!!

We drove home on Thursday and flew to Alabama on Friday. My aunt and uncle have a house on the Gulf coast in Alabama. After some delayed flights for bad weather, 17 of us were able to gather together: my mom, dad, brother, brother's girlfriend, 3 aunts, 2 uncles, uncle's girlfriend, 4 cousins, husband, daughter, myself and two dogs. It was quite a crowd. We had a blast playing games, swimming in the pool, riding jet skies, fishing off the dock, deep sea fishing on Dreamin' On (my aunt and uncle's boat) and just being the big family that we are. Can't wait for next year and maybe even more family members can join us.

So, after surviving long road trips and plane flights with a toddler it is back to real life. I seriously need vacation from vacation.

5 comments:

Dawn said...

How did the flying go with Natalie? I'm curious. You are one brave person. I love how you continue to live your life unafraid to slow down just because you have a toddler. You are one great woman!

sharon said...

hi leigh, just wanted to say we had a good time, i love you, will blog once we are home, kiss to all

askewheels said...

Dawn, flying with Natalie was great! Better than I thought it would be. I would be glad to share some tips...
Aunt Sharon, we had a great time too. Thanks for commenting on the blog. Love you!

brightleigh said...

Leigh, it was good to see you, Kim, and Natalie at Emerald Isle. I am glad that we can keep in touch doing the "bloggin'" thing. Sounds like you guys have been on tour. I know there is nothing like getting back home though. Leigh B.

brightleigh said...

Leigh, it was good to see you, Kim, and Natalie at Emerald Isle. I am glad that we can keep in touch doing the "bloggin'" thing. Sounds like you guys have been on tour. I know there is nothing like getting back home though. Leigh B.