7.22.2007

The concept of God

Last night Natalie was trying to procrastinate bedtime my telling me, "I want to pray for more." As a side note, we had already put an end to prayer time which she was not interested in at the time, we had sung songs and now it was time for bed. So, not wanting to discourage my daughter praying but also not wanting to get pushed around by a manipulative two year-old, I said "You can talk to God in your bed." She got into bed and this is roughly the conversation that followed...

Natalie: I want God in my bed.
Me: God is in your bed, God is everywhere.
Natalie: I want to hold Him.
Me: You can't hold God. God is a spirit. He does not have a body like man.
Natalie: I want to hold God.
Me: You can't hold God but you can talk to God.
Natalie: I want God in my bed.
Me: God is in your bed, He is everywhere.

This circle continued for a few more rounds. Maybe I would do better with questions like this before bedtime has passed.

FYI: I got inspired again.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

These kids of ours make me laugh. So sweet.

Dawn said...

Oh my goodness...what a sweet, adorable conversation. I love that she wants to hold God and snuggle with Him in her bed. That's so amazingly sweet.