7.08.2007

My baby


Today i cried as I explained to Natalie that "Little Girls" don't have passies. I told her about all the fun things that little girls get to do that babies don't. She got it. She understood. She didn't cry. She didn't ask for the passie when I laid her down for nap. I am still crying. She is not a baby anymore, she is a little girl. She is growing up and there is nothing I can do to stop it.


Don't get me wrong, there are some times when I am ready for her to grow up and not be so dependent on me. Some things about her getting bigger and older and more independent sound really fun but I will miss her being a baby. There is something so innocent and pure about a baby. It is so easy to fix her hurts with a nice long hug. Her world is going to get so much more complicated and painful, but also more joyful and exciting. I know that she can't be a baby forever but some days that sounds like a much better option.

1 comment:

Dawn said...

Oh boy, do I feel your pain. I feel the same way about Bella. I miss her baby days but absolutely love this toddler stage so much! I also feel your pain about the pacifier...we haven't had "the talk" with Bella yet, but it's coming in within the next several months. I'm dreading it. I hope it goes as well for us as it did for you. Good job Mama Leigh!