7.09.2007

Meet Snuggles

Yesterday, after nap, Natalie and I made Snuggles. We gathered up all her passies (She has them all named and would know if one was still outside the bear!) and headed to Build-a-Bear. She picked out Snuggles, lovingly stuffed her passies into her, and chose some pjs for her. As you can see, it was instant love!

When we put her to bed last night she asked for her passies and I reminded her that the passies were in Snuggles (I am surprised she didn't ask me to open the bear up!) and that she could hold Snuggles but could not have the passies. That one gentle reminder went over well (Kim mumbled under his breath "If I have to go to Target in the middle of the night to get a pacifier...")

Our first night without the pacifier was great, not the drama that I imagined that it could be.

For all of you out there who are thinking this was a bit elaborate, I agree. Just tell the kid no more pacifiers and be done with it. I agree! But where is the fun in that? My dad ate my pacifier and I am still in therapy for it! Who knows, maybe Snuggles will journey with Natalie to the ends of the Earth.....

4 comments:

christy said...

I think transitioning the pacifier into something else that will soothe Natalie is a wonderful idea!

I'm sure this transition is bittersweet for you, putting one more piece of her babyhood away as she becomes a little girl. But then again...what an adorable and fun little girl she is.

Dawn said...

You are so creative! What a good mommy you are. I'm putting the pacifier talk off until after all the summer traveling is over because I'm a wimp. I may have to use your idea!

brightleigh said...

This is a great idea. I will have to remember it when the time comes for Seth. Congrats on this accomplishment!

Saintly Nurse said...

Great idea Leigh! My hubby was the one who (one night while I was working) put Daniel to bed without Binky and told him the kitty cats have it. We don't have any kitty cats, but it worked. ;)